Guest Post by
Writing an effective web copy begins with an understanding of what the goals of your website are. Are you trying to get your visitors to purchase something or have them sign up for your newsletter? Remember you are trying to get someone whom you can’t see and have never met take a step towards building a relationship with you or your company.
1. Create a customer profile—Who is exactly your target audience?
- Are they young, middle aged or senior?
- Are they primarily male or female?
- Are they financially secure or budget-minded?
- What gets him or her excited?
- What are his or her most pressing concerns?